It's a 1 day endurance (160-170km) gravel ride in the Hautes Fagnes (Belgium).
There will be "some" climbing (around 2500hm).
We start together at 7AM (but we launch in small waves to avoid a traffic jam when you enter the forest). We believe a group start enhances the camaraderie en gives you the chance of meeting people that ride the same pace as you.
We try to give you an event that gives you a maximum amount of good rolling gravel or forest roads, some river crossings, a lake or 2 and a lot of great views. The ride should not be too technical but a few difficult sections never hurted anybody :-)
To give you the biggest chance of completing the ride, we try to give you good feed stations.
If you want to receive the latest news, then be sure to sign up for our newsletter.
Saturday September 3th 2022
Although it's NOT a race, we will all start together at 7AM to stimulate the group feeling.
The course will be approximately 170km with an elevation gain of about 2500m.
Clink here if you want to see the heightprofile. The course can be subject to change.
We will also send you a gpx track 1 week before the event.
There will be some arrows at the fast descends and difficult points. But you will need a gps-unit.
Entry fee is 55 euro
Ticket sales will start March 7th 2022 (sign up for our newsletter if you want to receive a notification)
This will include (but might change depending on COVID-19 measures):
* a route with the maximum anmount good rolling gravel & forest roads, some climbing, lakes, a few river crossings and a lot of great views.
* 3 feeding stations (with BYE Nutrition endurance bars & normal food) & coffee
* Signallers along the route to help you cross the bigger roads
* basic Lezyne-tools to use at the feeding stations (but you need to be the mechanic :-) )
* a pack of fries at the finish (with mayo and/or ketchup)
* a Peak Beer at the finish
* a Bombtrack - Dirty Boar 2022 stemcap
* some other items from our partners
* a place to shower and clean your bike
Check our Youtube channel to see what it was like on the previous editions: Youtube
And pictures and articles can be found on our website: here
The location (start/finish)
Rue de la Piste 1
4950 Waimes (Ovifat)
Terms, conditions & recommendations
Check this link for the Terms & conditions
We also have a few recommendations :
* Use a bike that is suitable for the event. Check out our news article Choose your Dirty Boar weapon
* Bring a GPS device and maybe also a USB powerbank/battery because the riding might take longer than you expected. We will provide you with the gpx track a few weeks before the event.
* The ride takes place in a somewhat remote area. So make sure you take all the necessary tools & spares to handle common problems (flat tyres, worn brake pads, loose bolts... and maybe also a broken chain). And some cable ties might be usefull for several things.
* We suggest you also bring a small bottle of chain lube
* You should be able to carry enough food & water to cover, at least, the distance between the feeding stations (60-70km)
* We start when the sun rises. So you shouldn't need any lights. But if the weather should be bad (rain, fog,...), we recommend you bring some lights so that at least you are visible for cars and other people on the roads.
A place to sleep before/after the ride
Check this link for the list of all the hotels, gites and campings in the area
Or you can also find this list at the following website: http://www.waimes.be/tourisme/hebergement/
We didn't get confirmation if the places in this list will/can provide an early breakfast on the morning of our Gravel Ride. So, if you want that, best check/ask before you make your booking.
Copyright 2021 VZW Vettige Swa's