Because of the current health situation, we didn't get the required permits for our 2021 Bikepacker. So we are forced to cancel and transfer to 2022.
The 2021 tickets will be transferred to 4-5 June 2022 & 6-7 June 2022.
Tickets for 2022 might become available if people cancel their 2021 ticket. If you are interested in the 2022 edition, sign up to our newsletter to get the latest info.
For more info what this bikepacker is about, continue reading.
The Hautes Fagnes (Belgium) is an area that has so many great gravel roads and views, that it's impossible to cover them all in 1 day.
So we decided to organise a bikepacking weekend so that you can discover as much as possible of these great roads in 1 weekend in the company of other gravel grinders.
We want to make this trip also accessible to people who have just started bikepacking or who want to give it a try.
We think we achieved this by providing certain services. Check the info below for the detail.
In 2022 you can choose between 2 dates. Pick the date that best suits your family/working shedule.
Saturday-Sunday: June 4-5th
Briefing is at 9AM on Saturday morning. Start will be directly after the briefing.
On Sunday you will probably finish around 17h (depends on what time you get up and how fast you ride :-) )
Monday-Tuesday: June 6-7th
Briefing is at 9AM on Monday morning. Start will be directly after the briefing.
On Tuesday you will probably finish around 17h (depends on what time you get up and how fast you ride :-) )
The route & camping spot will be the same on both dates.
What you need & what we provide
This is a 2 day "unsupported" bikepacking trip.
* you will need to carry your own gear (clothes, mattress, sleeping bag, food for the day, tent....) on your bike.
* everyone rides at his/her own speed (of course you can ride together if you want)
But because we want to make this trip accessable to people who are new to bikepacking we will provide (might change depending on COVID-19 measures):
* track to put on your gps (the route will NOT be marked)
* a paper map of the area with some usefull info (shops, places to eat)
* a basic camping spot for saturday night
* a good dinner on saturday evening (drinks will be available but not included in price)
* 1 free beer on saturday evening
* a big breakfast on sunday morning
* a drink and sandwich at the finish
* a special Dirty Boar Bikepacker t-shirt by The Vandal
* a usefull (bikepacker) item (we are still working on what that will be)
* basic insurance
* a shower at the finish (6km from the finish)
Anything else that you might need but you don't find in the above list is not included. So you will need to strap that to your bike (or buy on the road).
Entry fee is 125 euro (VAT included).
Tickets for 2022 might become available if people cancel their 2021 ticket. Sign up to our newsletter to get the latest info.
The course will be (slightly) different then in 2018 & 2019. But the camping spot will be the same as in 2019.
As usual we ride mainly on gravel roads in the Hautes Fagnes - Belgium (the area of our Dirty Boar Gravel Ride).
Some roads will be the same as on our Gravel ride but we will also discover some other beautiful tracks of the region.
Expect a little bit of everything.
The first day we start at Lac de la Gileppe and ride to our campsite near Schoppen.(approx. 130km)
The 2nd day we ride back to Lac de la Gileppe via a different route (approx. 120km) with the possibility to take a shortcut.
The course still needs to be be finalised so we can't show you a map yet.
But we usually have 250-260km & 4000hm on 2 days for the full course.
You will receive a gpx track and a paper map a few weeks before the event.
The paper will be usefull to know where you can find shops or something to eat close to the course.
The location (start/finish)
Terms, conditions & recommendations
Check this link for the Terms & conditions
We also have a few recommendations :
* Use a bike that is suitable for the event. Because it's a bikepacking trip you will need to be able to carry your gear (on your bike). And if you want to know which tyres & gears you will need: Check out our old news article Choose your Dirty Boar weapon
* You will need a GPS device because the route is NOT marked. We will provide you with the gpx track a few weeks before the event.
* Please also bring a USB powerbank/battery to charge the GPS at the camping (or during the day).
* The ride takes place in a somewhat remote area & is unsupported. So make sure you take all the necessary tools & spares to handle common problems (flat tyres, worn brake pads, loose bolts... and maybe also a broken chain). Especially spare brake pads are a necessity if there is a chance of rain. And some cable ties might be usefull for several things.
* You should be able to carry enough food & water because you will not find shops around every corner
* The sun should be out long enough so that you don't need lights. But it might be good to bring a small set of lights that makes you visible in case of fog or bad weather.
* If you are looking for more tips, then check out our bikepacker recon article in our News & Tips section
* If you are arrivng the night before the start (or you want to stay the night after the finish), there is camping Wesertal 6km from Lac de la Gileppe.
Copyright 2021 VZW Vettige Swa's